Eating healthy isn’t as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, it’s simple to get a meal from the drive through, but when you think about the amount of calories and processed food in that meal, you could just as easily be eating something from the trash bin. It’s just not good for you! And, eating healthy is what will keep you at the top of your game and ahead in life.
- Invest in a home delivery system. There are many options now-a-days. Several programs will deliver farm fresh produce to your doorstep. Want fruits or veggies only? That’s an option! Want a box of freshness that doesn’t even need to be cooked? Just check the ‘yes’ box! These programs are much more economical today and rival that trip to the grocery store that you just don’t have time for. Most of them are organic and support local farming communities in your area.
- Sign up for supermarket delivery. Several big chain supermarkets and smaller mom and pop shops will delivery groceries to your door, as well. All you have to do is shop online from your desk at work, laptop, or phone; coordinate a day and drop off time; and enter a credit card. Get everything that you would normally shop for at the market in one fell swoop and have it delivered to your home, at your convenience, for a nominal fee. Some of these services are even free for first time users!
- Check out menu planning websites. There are several websites that will offer menu planning for the entire week for you. You could even download the shopping list to get the things that you need. Many of the meals you can find on a plan such as these will be healthy alternatives to that box of mac and cheese that might be calling you from your cupboard.
- Sign up for meal delivery. No, not everyone could afford a private chef. But, many programs will now deliver completed meals that are healthy and nutritious to your door. All you have to do is fill out a survey of your likes and dislikes and a full week of food will be delivered to your home. These services can get pricey, so find one that works for you if cooking just cannot be budgeted into your day.
- When all else fails, call mom. Or another family member or friend. A lot of folks get together and take turns cooking for the week. So, if you and 3 friends get together, all you have to do is cook once a month for everyone and then get 3 weeks’ worth of food prepared in exchange.
Eating healthy isn’t that difficult. With the right groceries, time allotted for preparing meals, or the right delivery service, you can ensure that you are fueling your body with the best food possible. Good food allows your body to make muscle and gives you the energy you need to play your best tennis. This is how you win in life!